Monday, June 1, 2009

Demon bugs and family trips

Trying to take a nice family walk in the evening is never fun when you have to spend the whole time swatting mosquitoes. 'Nuff said 'bout that.
In other news, we spent the weekend away on various adventures. Friday we traveled down to Monroe to see Scott graduate from High School. His graduation was held in the Richfield events center, and it was a very nice ceremony. His graduating class was smaller than in previous years, only 72 this year compared to 101 Kristen's year, but no matter, it was nice. Afterwards we had a wonderful dinner with all the family at El Mexicano's in Salina. If you're ever in the area it's worth stopping in for a good meal.
Saturday Scott left on the two-week church history tour. They will travel by bus and visit all the historic church sites back East. (I'm a bit jealous, but maybe in a few years we can go as chaperones!) Later that day we traveled up to Herriman to stay at my brother's house. Kristen's cousin David Simons was reporting from his mission on Sunday, and since his church starts at 9:00, we figured a 40-minute drive was better than a 2 hour drive with a small child, so we loaded up and carpooled with Kristen's parents. And can I just put in a plug for small-town living? I hate traffic! Especially unannounced road closures. Anyway. We attended a session at the Jordan River temple while my parents watched Josh, and afterwards went to Applebees for dinner. Yum!
Sunday was a riot as it always is when the Johnsons get together. Recently-released Elder Simons gave a nice talk, and we ate like there was no tomorrow! All of the Johnson sisters were in attendance, so they got a picture together.


It's nice to be home, though. Back to the grind of getting my classwork done. I have a 12-page midterm due Wednesday, so I need to get back to it. Wear mosquito repellent!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

12-pg midterm!??! Goodness! I'm not getting excited, Steve...I do NOT like small town living because of the traffic--we have too many old people! Seriously, it drives me crazy.

Tiffany DeWitt said...

Big city traffic?! Someone I know once made fun of me for not quite understanding the inner workings of Salt Lake City roads and traffic. And I am pretty sure we lived in the Simons ward for a couple years, but it was like 3 years ago.

Seleta said...

Steve you do know we live 12 miles from Palmyra right? You can always come for a visit. We have 2 years left here. Let me know :)