Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Josh is Walking! And other fun pictures

First and foremost- Josh is walking! He has been taking 2 or 3 steps for about a week or so, but they were more like falling in slow motion rather than walking, but then suddenly while in Monroe he got it! He was walking back and forth across the kitchen, and he has now successfully walked on several kinds of carpet, tile, and even grass! He has a hard time walking for the camera though- he gets to excited to get to the camera and usually ends up tripping over himself. So here is one of the few videos we have been able to get. If you'd like to hear Steve's encouraging words, be sure to pause the music playing on the blog:

The same weekend he started walking we went up to visit Steve's parents, and Steve's dad introduced Josh to the organ- something he does with all the grandkids.

(Don't mind the bib- this was right after lunch.)


Bathtime is always a joy with Josh. He LOVES the water. He is a splashing maniac, and even loves to try to drink the water (we stop him from doing this after there is soap in the water, but it is so funny!)

And, of course, he loves attention at any time. Here he is reacting to attention from daddy.
When I said he loves water, I really mean it. Whenever Steve or I has a cup of water he wants to grab it. Not so much to drink. More to do this:

(And no, it isn't warm water...)

Finally, Josh has a fascination with all things electronic. Here he is trying to take my picture with Steve's phone.

4 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I can't believe he's walking!!! Crazy... Those bath pictures are so fabulous. Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday! Do you have any ideas for what you want to do?

Paul and Susan's NY Historic Sites Mission said...

Great pictures....I see Josh is getting to know the cell phone...watchout! Next he will be texting. :)

Tiffany DeWitt said...

So cute. How fun that he is walking. He is such a photogenic kid, I know I have said that before, but in all his pictures, his smile is captured at just the right moment! And congrats on grad school to Steve, way to go!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Horrah! It's fun when they start to walk...well except that then they can just get into even more thing! :) He seems like such a cute & happy baby. And congrats to Steve on Grad school. How fun to be back at good ol' USU!