Monday, July 2, 2012

No News is Good News

I haven't posted in a while, but no news is good news right? We have had a busy summer. I am finally over the morning/all day sickness and am 17 weeks along (still having trouble accepting the fact that I am pregnant with #3). Steve is done doing his caricature booth at pageant (which meant being in Manti for an average of 8 hours straight for almost 2 whole weeks) and is back to "just" teaching his English 2010 class for Snow College. Abby and Josh are loving summer. We head up to the park near our house almost every day, and have all consumed too many otter pops to count.
The fateful ultrasound is coming up, and I am toying with the idea of not finding out the gender. Maybe it will be good for me to have something completely out of my control! As far as names go, Josh has suggested Jesus (since he already loves Jesus, so it would be easy to love the baby if it shared the name), or Buzz (because Buzz has wings so the baby could just fly right out of my tummy- via my mouth). Josh insists it is a boy, and since I never seem to get "a feeling" with any pregnancy, I am happy to go along with it and call the baby Baby Buzz for now. I occasionally mention that it might be a sister, which he claims he would be OK with.
We are headed to California at the end of the month for a big family trip to Disneyland. Also scheduled, a trip to the beach, and my little brother's wedding! OK- the wedding IS the main reason for the trip, but why drive ALL that way and NOT go to Disneyland, especially when the wedding is only an hour-ish from Anaheim? So, hopefully I will be a good mom and take lots of pictures.

Speaking of pictures, here are a few of the kids. Just so you know what they look like these days.




 

(although I guess you could just look at the picture in the header... but at least this isn't a picture-less post now!)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

they are so cute ! can not wait to see you guys for Grampie's B-day or maybe before then !

Dani said...

Gorgeous kids! So exciting about the new baby. Number three was hard for me to wrap my head around too. That's why it seemed like my pregnancy went by so much faster then the others. It was like I never really thought about it and accepted it completely and suddenly here was the baby. Quite the experience. Pretty fun to think about keeping the gender a surprise. I don't know if it would be possible for me. It's too easy for me to tell when I'm looking at the ultrasound pictures. The nurse shows the stuff and then asks, "wanna know the gender?" and I already know because I could see. Well, I guess a girl wouldn't be so obvious. :)