Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

Last night we had a family home evening about the temple and that our family is sealed for eternity. So this evening, we took a ride over to Manti to visit the new Pioneer Heritage Garden that was built across the street from the Manti Temple. (I don't know if that is the official name, but it is something pioneer-y.)

I snapped a few pictures with my phone. They are not terrible- but think of the beautiful shots you could get with a super nice camera and some basic photography knowledge (both of which I am lacking...)

Josh admiring the statues. I'm sure he is pondering the future of the empty valley that the pioneers saw when they arrived. Or thinking about how he can sneak over to the reflecting pool without me noticing...
 There is a hill with an amphitheater built in the other side, and right at the top of the hill makes an awesome spot for pictures in my un-professional opinion. Of course, it helps if the subjects cooperate, but you can see the potential, right?
And the hands-down highlight of the garden is the reflecting pool. So beautiful. Of course- all Abby wanted to do was swim so I am glad Steve was there to keep kids out of the water while I snapped pictures.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

how fun !

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Congratulations on baby #3! That is so exciting! I love the family picture at the top! It is darling!