So this should really be Steve doing this post, but I'll do it for him. Josh and I fled to Monroe on Friday and Saturday so Steve could get busy with yet another improvement project. We are married RAs in a dorm at Snow College, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a nice looking apartment, right? So after painting the whole apartment and restaining one area of trim, we decided to do the kitchen cupboards too. Only problems: 1- The sander is noisy which causes Josh to freak out and 2- Stain stinks. So, Josh and I went down to Monroe for some R and R while Steve stayed home and slaved away. Here are some in-progress picks. He got all the sanding done, and finished staining everything but the cabinet doors. (That is tonight's FHE activity!) We will post finished-product pictures later this week. It seriously looks so much better.
You can kind of see that we got smart this time and hung plastic to minimize the dust!

Look- a kitchen in chaos! This is a familiar sight for the Weller family. Luckily ours will only be like this for a couple more days!
4 comments:
Wow, that's seriously a lot of work. Way to go!
are you re-staining or painting? i love these projects!
Can you come to my house and do my kitchen cabinets too??!! They are in serious need of refinishing after living here for 24+ years!! I'm thinking I'm going to go "retro" and just paint them red or green or something! lol! (I'm getting this inspiration from Nie Nie, btw! Here's one of her posts that show the green cabinets! http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-post.html) Not sure I have the courage to paint them red, or even green yet, so anytime Steve wants to come and stain mine, he's more than welcome!!
Yikes! So kitchens aren't suppose to look like that?... Hmm...
I'm excited for the finished pics! I lived in the dorms for a semester at Snow... and NO they are not so pretty.
Post a Comment