Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to Abby

Abby is one! I can't believe it. Time has certainly flown by. For her birthday, I decided to make a birthday cake from scratch. I figured since the family party wasn't for a couple days, I could try a homemade cake on just the family. It was my first ever cake with layers and filling. Nothing too exciting to all you pros out there, but I was pretty dang proud of myself.


Abby certainly enjoyed it. These pictures give an excellent play-by-play. She dug right in and got down to business.
Then she noticed that everyone else was using forks to eat their cake, so she insisted on using one too.
But she soon realized that handfuls are much faster than using utensils, so she went back to the fists-full-of-cake approach.
She had to pause for a drink of milk to wash it all down.
And once she noticed the cool slurping nose she could make with all the frosting on her hands, she wasn't interested in the cake anymore.

Steve videoed Abby opening her present from Josh. Josh was very excited to pick something out for her and couldn't wait for her to open it.
And here are a few cute snapshots of my adorable one-year-old. Even Josh calls her a princess.

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That cake looks delicious! Can I have the recipe? I used to have my good friend make my children's birthday cakes, but now that I'm moved that won't be an option. :( I've got two birthdays coming up in the next couple of months.