Today I am starting an 8-week fitness challenge with a bunch of people in my neighborhood. Everyone participating paid $10. We weighed in and did measurements today, and we will do it again at the 4 week mark, and again at the end. Each person keeps track of "points" they earn by exercising 30-60 minutes each day, drinking water, eating fruits and veggies, getting sleep, and (since our spirits are important too) praying each day. Exercising is the biggest point-earner of course. At the end of 8 weeks, there will be 3 winners who will split the pot. One for most pounds lost (%), most inches lost (%), and most points earned.
I am not necessarily in it to win it, although that would be awesome and is motivating. Mostly I just want to get into a more healthy lifestyle- especially with eating fruits and veggies. I am not posting this to brag, but to have more accountability (to the dozen of you who read my blog that is).
There are other things happening in our lives of course, but they will have to wait for a different post. For now, here is a motivational video from my sweet Abby- in case you need an extra push to accomplish anything today.
*I am taking BEFORE pictures today, but I am not going to post them until I see if the AFTER pictures are anything to be proud of...*
No comments:
Post a Comment