So...we got the holiday bug today and got out the Christmas decorations early. Usually we wait until after Thanksgiving, or at least the week of Thanksgiving, but we couldn't help ourselves. This really is my favorite time of the year (with the exception of the snow, of course...) so getting the house ready early is a treat.

We wrap the pictures that usually hang on our wall to look like presents. We've done that every year, and it makes it look pretty festive.

Our tree- at first we were worried our "slim" tree would look funny, but since we have a smaller entry room, it works perfectly.

Our Willow Tree Nativity collection...

Woohoo! This is the first time we have lived somewhere that we can have outdoor lights. We need a couple more strands to go along the garage, but we had just enough to do the rooftop of the house.
7 comments:
WooHoo! I wish I could get my decorations out!! (Darrin makes me wait 'til Thanksgiving Day). I love that you wrap your pictures; what a cool idea! I also have to say that I'm totally jealous of your nativity set. I want the Willow Tree one oh-so-very-badly! **squee** I'm very excited for the holidays!
I refer you to one of my blog posts from last year:
http://knutsonkorner.blogspot.com/2008/11/let-nog-flow.html
You bunch of crazies.
i am itching to get the christmas decorations up. i love looking at all the christmas stuff that is already up in all the stores.
and oh yeah, wrapping the picture frames is very creative and cute
Love it ! So festive looking !
YAY! I love it! Such a fun idea to wrap your photos...now if only I had some photos up...hmmm.
Kristen, Your house looks so cute. I think it is great that you set the example for your neighborhood! I bet your neighbors love you guys. I know we do!
Post a Comment