
Then he always ends up wanting to go outside to "check the mail". This usually happens when he notices the mail key, or the basket where we keep the mail key, and he will not rest until we go to the mailboxes. On this particular day, we were going to play in the sprinkler when we got back- hence the swim diaper.

We end up spending at least 10 minutes at the mail box each time we visit- regardless of if there is mail or not. Most days we make multiple trips- and most of the visit is spent watching Josh try to fit the key into every single key hole he can reach.

One thing I will miss when the hot temperatures go away is being able to just put Josh in the front yard with the hose and watch him help water the lawn. He LOVES the water (not sprinklers though, just out of the hose, in the tub, or at the swimming pool... or out of the faucet...)
Our neighbors have a dog named Princess that loves Josh. He loves her too and will often stop by (after we have checked the mail, of course) to give her kisses and loves.
Josh is growing so fast and surprises us every day with the things he learns to do and say.
And now for the "Tender Mercies" part. I just wanted to testify about the importance of tithing. With a house payment, our budget has been pretty strict lately. But we keep paying our tithing- no questions asked. And now this month we already have gotten a free pool table/ping pong table from the family Steve home teaches.
Then a couple days ago I was washing some laundry and the washing machine just gave up. I was looking online to see if we could fix it ourselves, and I decided to check out Craigslist.com. I did, and someone in Provo was selling a 1-year-old washer and gas dryer for $65 total. They worked fine, the person just really needed to sell them ASAP.
I contacted the seller and told them we could be there by 5:oo. The seller told me someone was coming to look at the washer before then, so it might be sold. My heart sank. I just waited to hear back from the seller. Then, a couple minutes later, I got another email saying the other person had to reschedule, so we loaded up in the car, stopped in Fairview to borrow a trailer, and were on our way!
Now, I know $65 isn't a lot of money for most folks, but it is for us. We just kept trying to be positive- thinking "At least we didn't have to buy a brand new washer" and then today, in the mail, came our refund from our deposit for the phone line we had in our old apartment. It covers the cost of the washer and dryer, and the cost of gas we used picking it up. When I opened the envelope, I wanted to cry- I was so grateful. I told Josh that Jesus and Heavenly Father love us so much and that it is so important to pay tithing! We are SO blessed!
In other news- I got called to be a primary teacher (again) and Steve got put in the Elders Quorum Presidency. Steve is working hard on his master's degree, and we are all doing well!
In other news- I got called to be a primary teacher (again) and Steve got put in the Elders Quorum Presidency. Steve is working hard on his master's degree, and we are all doing well!
4 comments:
great post !! :)
We have had so many experiences like that! Isn't it amazing how the Lord continues to bless us when we are faithful?
Great story about tithing. I'll try to keep that in mind as we are going through the whole house-buying process. Money is tight, but without tithing, (odd as that seems) it's tighter. Josh is adorable- so fun to watch those little guys as they grow up. The curiosity in them is so entertaining. :)
I enjoyed your testimony today, and I'm so glad you were able to find a new washer so fast! That is good. We are so lucky to have our in-laws so close...because ours hasn't been working since we moved in. I LOVE the piano too. I'll have to come see that in person some time...it looks great. What a summer!
Post a Comment